Thursday, February 23, 2006

We're Just Tired Of The Bullshit

I don't know where I've been this past week, but the fact that Mr. Mark Oliver Everett and his band the Eels have released a live album completely slipped by me. I didn't find out till Muzzle of Bees posted a review about it, and a link to the live version of 'Trouble With Dreams'. It's really good so far, the recording quality is great (much improved over their last live recording), but one thing that's missing? The stage banter. I'm not saying stage banter is necessary for an outstanding live album (I look at you, Kicking Television) though it can really make a live album too, if it's funny enough (Does anyone have a copy of Live Noise I can borrow? I miss it so). But E is a funny, funny man. Proof can be found here or by listening to 'Oh What A Beautiful Morning', their previous live album. And I know there was stage banter at the concert, I remember reading a review of the show in the times last summer, where they mentioned when a man in the audience shouted "Those are some nice looking girls you got there E", to which he replied, "Thank you, and by the way sir, you're not allowed to talk to me." That's my only complaint. It's a solid album otherwise, the strings are great, and he lays down a really good cover of 'Girl From The North Country'. So, you know... buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home