Thursday, February 23, 2006

Give Me Back My Family!

The best resources for brilliant criminal masterminds? Movies that no one bothers to watch. Seriously, what's happened to Harrison Ford? Han, Indy, The Fugitive, the man was the icon of my childhood, one of the main reasons I got into movies in the first place. He's still got a presence (the one time I saw him down town, my mind froze. What do you say to him, as he, picks up his clothes, walks by me and, oh, gone, nevermind), but, he's got to stop. He seems hesitant to step back, to take on smaller roles in smaller, none action movies, but he would be so good at it, you can see it in what I like to call his 'acting stage', where he was in movies like 'Witness', 'The Mosquito Coast', 'Working Girl', 'Frantic', and 'Regarding Henry'. He would be even better in those types of roles now that he's older, he can work out a gruffer version of the type of role Bill Murray has been carving out over the last few years. And, give up on Indy 4. If they had gotten their act together over the last 10 years, it would be different, but now it just feels like they're doing it because they have to. And look at 'Phantom Menace', Lucas wrote that because he wanted to. Would it be all right if we just let this one cherished memory untainted? Jar Jar is a big enough taint already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home