Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Ice Storm

So I fell asleep listening to This American Life. Oddly enough, it is really warm in the apartment, between the heating and the fact that the sun is shining at me right now, which makes for prime napping condition. And nap I did. It was a pleasant nap, one where I came to the conclusion that there must be a very limited amount of quirky instrumental music out there, since every NPR show uses the same music in their stories: Jon Brion scores, Yann Tiersen's 'Amelie' score, the instrumental tracks from the 'Lost in Translation' soundtrack, and Ratatat songs. I remember lying there thinking, why do I know all of these songs? Then I thought, wait, am I just making this up, am I sleeping? No, I don't usually debate myself when I sleep. Maybe I'm just lying here on the couch thinking I am asleep. Then I had to hit myself because I kept sleeping on my left arm, so everyonce and a while I had to slap my left hand because it had lost all feeling, but I was too tired to try and move myself, so I would fall back asleep for a few more minutes and then wake up to slap my hand around some more. It is going to be one hell of a weekend, I can tell.

Also, has anyone seen this boy? He was last seen leaving for a party at Clark and Division last night around 11. If found, please give him some soup. He loves soup. And his hair doesn't actually look like that. Thanks.

Current temperature in Chicago: 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home