Saturday, February 18, 2006

Ice Queen


I guess I just wanted to see how bad it really was outside, to see if maybe I was over reacting. I wasn't, it's cold, and I'm an idiot. I decided to walk up to the Barnes and Nobles, because if it's cold outside, the one thing I need of course, is books. And everyone was just superhappy to be working on a day like today. The joy was just, infectious really. I was going to tell the girl working the counter that they had Geoff Dyer's 'Yoga For People Who Can't Be Bothered To Do It' in a display of yoga and self help books, and that despite the title, the book had nothing to do with yoga, a fact they would have learned if they had just look at the back of the book. But then she was grumpy when I bought my book, so I decided to let her feel the wrath of some disgruntled 50 something when they realized that they bought a book about a writer's midlife crisis. Then she'll be even grumpier, and the world will be a little worse because of it. But I'll be here, most likely napping, so I won't really notice.

Current temperature: 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home