Sunday, February 04, 2007

I'm On My Fourth Heart Attack Of The Night


Are you ready for some football? Because I know I am. I've got my can of Hormel's Chili and bag of Blazin Buffalo Dorritos ready on the go - will they somehow find their way into some sort of glorious union? Stay tuned my friends, stay tuned and see.

I honestly don't think I would care about the game this year if I wasn't in Chicago. The Patriots aren't playing, so I don't have to watch to know what my dad will be talking about for the next week; there won't be any movie trailers in the ads this year, and I'm not really in a rush to watch that K-Fed ad that's already been on the internet for a week; and I've honestly never been that much of a Prince fan, unless he's trying to buy a camel at three in the morning in Minneapolis. Plus, the Super Bowl is on CBS this year, which means that instead of getting Sydney Bristow in two lingerie choices or Meredith Grey coming this close to getting blown up (God, I was hoping so hard), we get Mandy Patankin and Thomas Gibson pretending that they don't hate each other on a new episode of Criminal Minds. Whee.

And on top of all of that, the New York Times answered the one question I always think about at the end of the Superbowl - where do the other teams hats go? As soon as the trophy is presented to Tom Brady to hold, he was always outfitted in a ridiculously oversized t-shirt and cap proclaiming the Patriots victory, which means that there has to be a box full of the other teams shirts, mocking them with the victory that never was. So where do they go? Answer: Africa, a land where the Buffalo Bills are the greatest football team to have ever attempted the game.

Also, I saw 'Pan's Labyrinth' last night, and well, lets just put it this way, I think Brian Urlacher eats children.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home