Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I'm Not Entirely Sure Where Sweden Is, To Be Honest With You


I know, I'm posting like crazy tonight. Anyway. I tend to to skim over a lot of acts on music blogs, because I just can't absorb that much music that fast. So when I first saw The Knife, I just kind of kept going. Because I'm a fool. I figured, Daft Punk pretty much took care of my need for eclectic electronic pop by people who wore masks as a symbol against the image obsession in the music business. Which is a pretty heavy need in my life, oddly enough. And also, they're Swedish, and I felt like I was listening to enough Swedish pop lately. Like the other night, I watched nothing but Cardigans videos on YouTube. Yeah, I know. I'm sorry. Then the other day, I realized that the José González song in the Bravia commercial I've been watching obsessivelyey for the last year is a cover of The Knife's 'Heartbeats'. I know, like I said, I'm a fool. So I found a copy of The Knife's original, and I haven't stopped listening to it since.

The Knife - Heartbeats

How can you make a song about werewolves even better? Make the video about werewolves too! And, make it olde timey!

TV On The Radio - Wolf Like Me

And I wasn't kidding about the Cardigans back there. If you look past their 'Lovefool', 'Baz Luhrman's Romeo + Juliet' stage, they're actually pretty good. I really like this song, and this video. What? I think overhead shots are neat. That's all. Fine, and Nina Persson is pretty. Are you happy now? God, it's all about image with you. You make me want to wear a weird 'Eyes Wide Shut' mask and mope. Yes, you make me that angry.

The Cardigans - I Need Some Fine Wine And You, You Need To Be Nicer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home