Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I Know Nobody Likes Me. Why Do We Have To Have A Holiday Season To Emphasize It?


Hi. It's been a while. No, I know. No seriously, I know. Just, stop talking. I've been looking at this page, thinking, oh, November 2nd wasn't that far away. And then I look at my watch and it's Chrono, 2.33'49. And I wonder when I bumped that button. But for some reason, this last month, I've actually been doing stuff. And, I apologize to you, reader. Where are my manners? So, what are the haps my friends? Yeah, that's right, I said it, and I meant it.

I enjoy Christmas. Enjoy in the mellow sense of the word, where you go kind of soft on the joy, you let it roll off of your tongue rather than stabbing whoever has the misfortune of being in your ear shot with your enthusiasm. Christmas is a day where my family gives each other gifts, the question of "What are you doing with your life?" doesn't come up until after the sun comes down, and no one is required to shower or change out of their pajamas. Which is a classier way of saying that we don't shower or change out of our pajamas. It's lovely. We eat cold ham. So obviously, I look forward to it every year as a day of calm, a day of peace.


But this year, I don't know why, but I am all about Christmas. There hasn't been a moment in the last week where my body hasn't been digesting a wonderful syrup based Starbucks/Caribou Coffee holiday themed beverage. I've reached a state of equilibrium where I think my body would collapse if I didn't have a Fah-La-La latte with me, which is kind of scary, but in a jolly sort of way. I've also been listening to SomaFm non stop, more specifically their XMas In Frisko feed, the only place to hear Nat King Cole and "The Lonely Jew On Christmas" back to back. Either that, or I've been streaming all five discs of Sufjan Steven's Christmas collection, because one version of "O Come O Come Emmanuel" just isn't enough. My only fear is that my Christmas spirit will peak somewhere around November 28th at 8/7c, approximately. And then where will I be? A grinch with 10 pounds on tinsel? And yes, even now, I admit it, that it is way too much tinsel to be healthy, but you don't understand, I'm really happy right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home