Saturday, April 15, 2006

Someone Cooler Than You

Warm out today. Warm yesterday. Even warmer today.

Just because it was written by manatees doesn't make it false. It is hot. I worked on the film shoot again yesterday, and this time we were out in the park, where, among other things, I got to have the awesome job of sitting with the stuff. Even when it's nice out, I'm usually never in a position where I'm exposed to direct sunlight for more than an hour or two, so standing around in a park on the brightest day we've seen this year, my poor pale Irish skin was a lamb to slaughter. It's really unfortunate now too, because I've nurturing a beard along for the last month or so, and my hair has hit that point where it doesn't grow any longer, it just helmets out, so add that to a red face, and, I look like a pirate. And not, dashing, Captain Jack Sparrow pirate, more along the lines of a Mr. Smee, but without the glasses of course. It's sad though, I walk down the street, and I see the looks people give me, how they slowly try to cover their gold doubloons as I walk past. Fucking racists.

I saw Sonya Kitchell last night, performing at a bar on the north side of town. I've never actually been to a "bar" bar before, clubs like Helsinki and the Iron Horse have bars in them, but they're mainly clubs. This was a room attached to a bar, so every time the band would quiet down, the noise of about 50 drunken Friday night revelers trying to talk over a jukebox blaring 'Pyscho Killer' would flood into the room. This also led to my first time being carded by a scraggly looking bouncer, who I would have had trouble taking seriously as a record store clerk, who then proceeded to fire off instructions at me - "This room, that room, and the adjoining bathrooms, they are off limits to you. You go to that column there, you take a right, that's your bathroom, you take a left, you're outside, and you can never come back in, you're on fire, you're still outside, got it? You see that poster there, that amusing poster of an ostrich stealing a beer from a fat Irish cop?" "Yeah" "No, no you do not, you follow me?" "Not really." "Alright buddy, enjoy your show." I am forever to be called 'buddy' and 'sweetheart', I just know it. Anyway, the show itself was great, and would be more than enough to dispell your misguided notions against child prodigies. You know, if you have any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home