Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Feel God In This Chili's

Whoever decided that May sweeps and finals should mix together is a sick bastard, and I hope he burns in hell. I have to type out camera/edit logs and peer evaluations, now, after having my ass thoroughly handed to me by 'Gilmore Girls' and 'Veronica Mars'. 'Gilmore' gave it's best, wacky town bit yet with a flood of troubadours descending on Stars Hollow, giving the opportunity for cameos from people like Yo La Tengo, Sonic Youth, and Mary Lynn Rajskub, proving she can be just as cute as Jenna Fischer when she's given the chance to get away from her frumpy Chloe routine and allowed to sing songs about '89 Volvos'. Yeah, you should really give up on any hope that this post will be coherent, since I've run out of food money, and have been living off of the 20 cans of creamed corn I bought for my final film project. And, creamed corn, I learned, is only part of a healthy diet, creamed corn alone will actually lead to blacking out in your kitchen, hitting your head on the cabinet, awaking and not only not knowing who's kitchen you're in, but that you're also really surprised to find you're in a city. I recovered quickly, but I'm still filled with shame that my first legitimate college black out story revolves around a Thanksgiving side dish. Only three days left though. As for the internet:

- 'Eternal Sunshine' was a pretty perfect movie, but if I had one gripe with it, it was the lack of talking fecal matter.

- If Jack Bauer was a 'Golden Girl', he would totally be Blanche. Because he's sassy like that.

- I wish toys had been so educational when I was a kid.

- When a man dressed as "Joss Whedon" calls you a nerd, you sir, are a nerd.

- To celebrate the fact that Wilco is coming to Northampton this summer, a link to The Rawking Refuses To Stop! post with some nice live Jeff Tweedy tracks. That was actually more of a coincidence. But a happy one.

I'm off to bed, but not before I watch the Veronica Mars finale, again. It was just that good. And aside from all of the story revelations, the highlight of the episode had to be when Dick referred to Mac as 'Ghostworld'. I did that messed up laugh when I think things are really funny. Then I felt sad. Not as sad when I learned today that for the last year I've been improperly sending my mail. Apparently there was a slot for such things, but honestly, who knew?

2 Comments:

Blogger SamuelJohnWilliam said...

Thanks for the link to those tracks. So great.

9:15 AM  
Blogger SadEyedLady said...

WILCO in Northampton= excitement

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home