Friday, April 28, 2006

Please God, Please Don't Let Me Be Normal!

Today is the first time in the past week where I've actually been able to rest. Well that's not true, yesterday was, but I slept all day yesterday, then woke up to listen to messages that ranged from mocking me with the existence of Scarlett Johansson to the awesomeness of the guest stars in season two of Veronica Mars (which is true, though you also have to take into consideration that the girl working with Joss Whedon was an America's Next Top Model contestant, which kind of sums it all up). It was just a wave of nausea, as I realized, this was my life. Then I had a snack. The week leading up to that point was just kind of a blur, a jumble of film shoots and stolen naps in between. I stayed awake for 36 hours, stole some furniture, pushed a kid out of a window, ate some donuts, drove on Lakeshore Drive, ran a shopping cart dressed like a pink bug/car down my hall at three in the morning, watched a man get drunk and pass out before 11 in the morning (though he woke up to consume a beef sandwich in about 30 seconds), saw a man get blasted away by a shot gun, and bought about 20 cans of creamed corn. Oh, and I finally got around to watching 'The Station Agent'. Great movie.

But of course, in the few moments I had, I spent looking for useless crap on the internet. For, the, I'm thinking five of you who might actually read this. Everything I do. I do it for you.

- What's the best thing about Wes Anderson's Mastercard ad? Robert Yeoman finally gets a speaking part. The man just has 'it', it's undeniable.

- 'Strangers With Candy' was really the first in the recent rush of shows that worked at making it's audience feel, really, really uncomfortable. We now get to see how a condensed two hour version will feel.

- Ronald D. Moore is creating a spinoff of Battlestar Galactica set fifty years before the current series, concerning the Adama family and the creation of the Cylons. Me and my imaginary girlfriend are super excited.

- Feel like buying me something? No, you probably don't. But if you have a Veronica Mars fan in your life, this is the perfect gift. Even though it makes Kristen Bell look like a puppet. And puppets aren't nominated for sexiest vegetarian. Though she doesn't really stand a chance, not when she's running against such super studs as k.d. Lang and Ed Begely Jr. It doesn't get any sexier than an alpaca.

I should sleep though. I have to work on someone's project tomorrow, and then I plan on catching the best double feature ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger SamuelJohnWilliam said...

Oh I missed you. Enjoy the double feature (you saucy minx you). And isn't Peter Dinklage the man?

12:11 PM  
Blogger SadEyedLady said...

I admit that I have been checking for a new post approximately 3-4 times a day, but the wait was well worth it. Bravo, sir. Bravo. Might I even be so bold as to say "encore"?

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home