Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Hope She Does The One About Prostitute Donuts

It's hard to love Scarlett Johansson sometimes. I want to just write her off as the blonde, Sexiest Woman Alive (not that there is anything wrong with that), but every once in a while something she does reminds me that the same smart mousy girl from 'Ghost World' is living underneath all that bombshell. Like this. I'm told by chattering girls who go to Borders to read but not actually buy People and US that the cool thing for modern young starlets to do is to branch out from their acting careers to record a musical album. Modern day icons like Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Annette Funicello come to mind. So why wouldn't New Scarlett jump on board, throw her hat into the over produced pop ring? But it turns out she's not just going to fill a disc of forty minutes complaining about the paparazzi or how sad it is that the stars are blind (seriously, what the fuck was that?) , but instead she's doing a disc of Tom Waits covers. Yeah. This is the Johansson Paradox, and it's killing me.

RELATED ITEMS!

Can't wait for the album? You want to hear Scarlett sing now? I suggest you visit Stereogum to hear her cover Gershwin's 'Summertime'... Or if you're in the mood for just some straight up Waits, I found this site, with a live recording from the 1974 San Diego Folk Festival. I really hope Scarlett does some nasal pitched ramblings in between songs, because really, that's half the fun... Bill Murray never comes to my parties, we just get Chevy Chase, and he steals our silverware... and in music related news, because it's music... MOKB has both video and an Mp3 of the new Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins song they performed on Conan Friday (not to mention an awesome photo). I recommend you download the song and watch the video. Why? Sweet dance moves, that's why.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home