Sunday, January 29, 2006

Keep Your Specs On


'Brick' is going to be the best movie of 2006. True, I haven't seen any other movies that are coming out this year, so to say that is a little irresponsible and I'm probably getting ahead of myself. But I haven't seen anything else that looks half as good as this movie was. What else is going to beat high schoolers talking like they just walked out of a Hammit story? Joseph Gordon Levitt beating up on hash heads? Nora Zehetner as the second coming of Mary Astor? Have I asked enough questions yet? Am I getting through to you? I hope so. Apple finally put the trailer up the other day. Don't be fooled by the high school jokey jokes in the trailer. The Richard Roundtree scene is nothing more than what you see, and the stuff with Lucas Haas' mom doesn't go much further either. That's what's so great about the movie, that it doesn't really care that these are high school kids, it just deals with it as a straight up mystery. I promise you'll get so into it that you'll be talking like a hard boiled noir character till you destroy any semblance of a normal social life. And really, isn't that what we want from the movies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home